Sherri Cappabianca and Toby Gass – Owners
Barking Dog Fitness owners Sherri and Toby began their individual canine health and fitness practices in 2006, Sherri in Orlando and Toby in northern New Jersey. They met at a class in 2007 and became friends. Realizing they had the same dream, in 2008 they decided to partner to bring the dream to life. In 2009, Sherri left her software engineering job, Toby sold her house and left her management position in New Jersey, moved to Orlando, and together they began working on the dream.
In September 2011, Sherri and Toby christened Rocky’s Retreat Canine Health & Fitness Center, their state of the art facility in Orlando, and have been delivering the latest therapeutic techniques, weight loss and fitness programs, and other services for dogs since then.
In January 2013, they brought a fitness concept, Barking Dog Fitness, in to Rocky’s Retreat. Based on the idea of personal training at top human gyms, they created a gym exclusively for dogs that features customized workout programs to ensure your dog is getting the quality exercise he or she needs. In August 2013, they began offering the Barking Dog Fitness Day Fitness and Care program, a new concept in doggie daycare that combines best of traditional doggie daycare with the personal training component of the gym.
Sherri is the author of two books on canine care – “Healthy Dogs, Your Loving Touch: Acupressure Massage for Your Dog” and “Healthy Dogs, Soothing Massage: The Effleurage Technique Made Easy”. Her qualifications include over 1000 hours of certified training in the following areas:
- Canine Aquatic Therapy – La Paw Spa.
- Small Animal Massage – Northwest School of Animal Massage.
- Small Animal Acupressure – Tallgrass Animal Acupressure Institute.
- Animal Aromatherapy – School of Essential Balance.
- Reiki – Master in the Direct Lineage of Usui, Hayashi, Takata, Gray, Rosenthal.
- Animal Communication – The Gurney Institute of Animal Communication.
- Canine Behavior – Jan Fennell Dog Listeners Ltd.
- Pet First Aid/CPR with the American Red Cross and PetTech.
- Various Canine Strength and Conditioning workshops.
Toby's qualifications include over 500 hours of certified training in the following areas: